Welcome to my website

If someone told me that making money playing roulette was easy, then I would give up my day job tomorrow.

3 Texas Hold'em Tips That Will Supercharge Your Game

Are you REALLY thinking about playing Texas Hold'em online? Are you crazy? Apparently not. If you were, you wouldn't take the time to do a little research and be reading this right now. I have to congratulate you; you're smarter than I was when I first started.
The first time I "sat down" at a Texas Hold'em game online I couldn't have been more of a fish if I had been cast as an extra in "Finding Nemo". I thought I was prepared. I knew the basic rules and I had watched hours of poker on TV. After all, it looked so easy. Well, it wasn't long before my account had been cleaned out and I was taking out my aggressions on the Zerg in Starcraft.
Volumes have been written on how to play and win poker and it would be impossible to cover everything here, but there are 3 basic Texas Hold'em tips for playing poker online that you need in order to not only survive, but dominate, any game you enter. It doesn't matter what cards you are playing, these 3 basic guidelines will help keep you on top of your game and frustrate the others players completely.
First, get into the pot as cheap as you can. You are handicapped online, in a big way, because you can't see your opponents and it is much more difficult to get a "read" on them. So, if you have a hand with some promise, get into the pot, but don't overextend your cards.
What I mean is this: if you are first to play or are in an early position, just call the big blind. If you are in a better position and someone before you has bet, call his bet as long as he hasn't raised beyond the strength of your cards. I will often fold a fairly decent hand, like King-Queen off suit, if someone before me raises more than 3 times the big blind. If no one has raised before you AND you are in a late position, you can either call or raise, usually 3 times the big blind.
Second, once you are in a hand, bet big. Obviously, you can't just arbitrarily throw your money at the pot and expect everyone to fold. There are times that they will have better hands and want to play them. But, if you sense that they are weak, even if you've got Jack Squat, push them off the pot with a bet that will make their avatar flinch. However, never, I mean NEVER, go all-in unless you have them covered or you have the nuts. If you do have the winning hand you can make a large bet with confidence. If they call you, great, if not, don't worry about not milking the pot for everything you might have won. It's only one pot.
Third, never be consistent. This may sound like a no-brainer, but it's very easy to fall into a pattern, even if you aren't aware of it. I have to keep reminding myself of this all the time and you should, too. Remember, the game you're playing is not a bunch of unrelated hands. The way you play one hand will be remembered by the other players, maybe not even consciously, when they play against you in another hand. Keep changing how you play; there is no one method that wins every time.
Here's a bonus 4th tip; all poker tips are carved in Jello. There are an infinite number of situations you can find yourself in at any given table and no strategy will guarantee a win every time. However, adding these 3 Texas Hold'em tips to your arsenal and mixing them up with other strategies will greatly increase your edge at the table.

No Response to "3 Texas Hold'em Tips That Will Supercharge Your Game"

Post a Comment